Sunday, February 04, 2007

How Will it Feel If You Were . . . ???


I couldn’t just ignore what got my attention. I had to stop and, with no control, I drifted away with fast flashes of thoughts and wonders. Those lines, the dark and the light ones, made me think. He had lines in the rest of his palm where he was able to tell his destiny. He had lines where you could tell the stories he knew. He had lines that show the experiences he'd been through. He had lines of happiness and sorrows. He had lines that could tell you his life in brief. Lines that he would see if he stood in front of a mirror.
He was powerless and quiet and lying there on bed. I am not even sure if he was aware of his surroundings, the busy people around him with white coats and small devices, his crying kids who were praying for him to survive and his one and only life partner he knew in the last 60 years, his wife.
I think the only thing that he was worried about was if it's going to be easy or if he will suffer through it all. It seemed to me that all that mattered to him is how it will be? What is next? Will it be difficult? Will he be missed?
Strange how people age and turn from being totally independent people to totally dependent on others, even for the smallest silly action you could think of.

Strange how our present and all the events we go through become simply part of the past and nothing remains but little memories. Or let me say, debris of memories.

Strange how it feels when you are used to few people being around you 24/7 and then suddenly they're gone. They're not here anymore. You can not call them, you can not talk to them, you can not hear them, you can not see them, you can not feel them, and you can not do anything. As if they were ghosts. As if they were not real people like you and me.

Strange how it feels when you miss someone so much and you know that there is no way in hell they will be back, and you just wish you had one more chance to tell them how much you really loved them and cared about them.

Strange how people are so arrogant to care about the beauty of this life we're living and they're so stupid to share it with others.

Strange how people live their life demanding others to follow their standards and judging others like God on earth.
Strange how every single cell in our body grows, develops, divides, and turn into an old cell causing what is called of "Aging".

Strange how after living this life and traveling all over the world, we will eventually rest for ever in a small dark place six feet under, all alone, nothing would rescue us except our accumulated account of sins and virtues.

Poor her. I could see how her eyes filled up with tears, shivering lips, and holding the hand of her beloved husband while he is on the bed of death. I swear I could tell that she was asking her self how she will be able to survive after he's gone, and leave her all alone. Who will listen to her when she wants to complain about the kids?
Who will be her best friend? Life to her seemed at the end. There is nothing left. Why? It's simply because of the death of a beloved person.

It was only one minute when I was there looking at them, I had to go and finish my work. And the day passed fast. It was busy and hectic. But the question remained. If I had one chance to go back in time, what would I do and what would be that I shouldn't have done?

And you my dear reader, give it a thought, and add to it, if you were gone, will you be missed? Remembered? Or will you be simply forgotten? And right now, who are those who love you? And who are those who hate you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm very argumental. the question is should we worry about the answer of who loves us and who doesn't ? or should we just be good to every body and thus satisfied with the inner peace that comes along..... Maybe we don't need to do either, not to make life tough on beloved ones after we leave this life !!!!

OutOfReach said...

This is the one thing in life that we dont have contor of ((death)).
I like what you said your totally right , It's strange .
I cant imagine living my life without those who i love believe me this thought is killing me .