Saturday, April 25, 2009

Is That It?




I wake up in the morning, wash up, wear my semi-formal clothes and go to work. There, I try to do my best, have a smile on my face even if I wasn't OK, make sure that I listen to who ever talks to me even if I really hate the person, if I could I would perform extra work or help those who need it. If there was nothing at all I would go and sit with those who I feel comfortable with or around, we could simply just sit or talk if someone felt like talking. I did my best to somehow innovate in this typical medical field, with its typical routine work. But I couldn’t due to external factors who try to suppress creativity.

Suddenly I feel something.
Anyways,

I go back home and spend some time with my lovely mother talking about what so ever, the latest news and up dates about different topics while sharing a cup of tea and maybe a bite or two. Then afterwards prepare my self for a heavy digestable number of lectures due to the fact of me doing my Master's Degree, by going to University.
I take education seriously, try to be committed, dedicated, honest, and hard worker. I get rewarded afterwards through my grades and marks. At those moments I feel I'm achieving something. But again there is that thing!

I go back home, sit with my family for a while, have a little dinner, check my emails, read a little, then go to bed, with that something somewhere!

On regular bases, I check my little small business that I have started two years ago, and see that somehow it's growing slowly and steadily. Al7amd'Ellah.

Whenever I have the time, I make sure that I would go to the gym and work out, studying have taken away my commitment to the gym for the sake of education. I would socialize and go out with my buddies (el rabi3) or friends. Yes there is a difference between them! DUH!
But then there is something!

I read, listen to music, watch movies whenever I had the chance. So I'm fulfilling my hobbies.
Today while I was in the gym, trying to work out and stop my mind from the roller coaster ride that it has been riding since eight months so far, I suddenly started to think of that "thing" I was feeling in whatever I do. I work, study, socialize, pray, eat healthy and work out when I can, but then what’s next?

I suddenly started to think, what's next? Am I successful?

No, I don’t think so. Success would be, at least maybe to me and I could be wrong, when someone is on the Top 100 influential people in the world or has won the Nobel prize for what ever he/she has done.

So success is way too early for me. Am I satisfied? No.
There is something missing, that has nothing to do with whatever I have achieved or will achieve in future.
It's like this empty space within my chest, like a ball of air.
Is this what's life all about?

What is that thing that is missing?
What is life all about?
Is this it?

When we were young, my parents, I bet along with lots of other parents to their kids, told us that life is so great and nice. We only need to study and grow to see it.

Here I am. This isn't so great to me! In fact it's dull and boring. Or am I still suppose to search while I'm walking in this path they call life!
I don’t know.
Who knows!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think what missing is love , someone special to be there when no one is there , someone to call your own I think that is the thing if not then Hey I tried :p
Good Luck finding it ;)

Anonymous said...

Well my Dear friend i liked it, and some how some times ido get those feeling but again igo and blocked it with my loud crazy life style that ilive in , Some times when m having fun and with good friends ilook around and think thats all what ineed , and again i take a taxi go home and iam alone in my bed , wake up the next morning and go to my work which ilove, but then go home and plane the next crazy thing ican do , ido so as much as itry so hard not to think that Love or that person is what is missing but unfortunately the old cliché is rite, ALL We NEED IS LOVE.... and that is why TOM still in my life :)